Oceans Ltd. is a 100% Newfoundland Company located in St. John’s, NL. We are a multi-disciplinary environmental company specializing in physical oceanography, research and modeling, weather forecasting, climatology, wind and wave extreme value analysis, environmental effects biomonitoring, iceberg profiling, and scientific software development.
Oceans Ltd. invites applications for a Physical Oceanographer position, to be filled as soon as possible at our St. John’s, NL office. Desired candidates should have a PhD in physical oceanography or related sciences and a demonstrated ability to work independently, engage with clients, and work on research projects. Strong technical and communication skills are essential.
- PhD in physical oceanography or related sciences
- 5 years of work experience
- Experience in scientific analysis of ocean data and model output
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Expertise in scientific analysis and/or programming tools
- Experience in development of ocean and/or climate models
The position will involve:
- Field and office project management
- Planning field operations
- Development of oceans current model
- Compiling data and writing final reports
- Preparing/writing proposals related to oceanographic projects
- Analysis of oceanographic data
- Liaising with clients before, during and after field operations
- This position is both office and field based and the Candidate must be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally. Field work can be inshore and offshore based.
- Other activities
Oceans Ltd. employees enjoy working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. Oceans Ltd. is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume with a one page cover letter outlining in detail your qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Physical Oceanographer” in your subject line