Oceans Ltd. is a 100% Atlantic Canadian Company, with its head office in St. John’s, NL and an additional office in Halifax, NS. We are a multi-disciplinary environmental company specializing in weather forecasting, research and modeling, climatology, wind and wave extreme value analysis, physical oceanography, environmental effects bio-monitoring, iceberg profiling, and scientific software development.
OCEANS Ltd. has an immediate opening for an Electronics / Electrical Engineer in St. John’s, NL.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Design and support of sonar and other environmental measuring equipment
- Development and repairing electronic systems
- Planning and execution of projects
- Deploying instruments at sea
- Offshore travel is required
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Electronic / Electrical Engineering
- Strong analytical, computer and problem solving skills
- The ability to plan and prioritize
- The ability to prepare reports
- Experience at sea is an asset
- BST and related training is an asset
- P.Eng. is an asset
- Good mechanical aptitude is an asset
Applications may be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Electronics / Electrical Engineer Position” in your subject line.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.